{Go Fish} Using the "Outdoor Adventures" Kit

Hello everyone, Miss. Carrie here with a page that I created for the October color challenge. This photo of my boys with the pup near the lake is a favorite of mine and the elements in the Outdoor Adventures kit were perfect for recording this memory. 


The background for this page was created using the Triangle Tags cardstock cuts which I sprayed with distress oxides.  I backed a few of these with burlap to give them some texture. 

To create the additional triangles, I traced the cardstock cuts onto burlap and pattern papers and cut them out.  The edges were inked and distressed and stitching was added. 

The colors I selected not only fit the requirements for the color challenge but also give this page a masculine feel. I like how the burlap adds a natural element with some texture. 

To bring some red to the design, I sprayed one of the triangle cardstock cuts with a mix of brick and mahogany.  I stamped some random images onto the triangle using the small arrow stamp from the kit. That little bit of black gave it a patterned paper look that fits well with the other elements. 


To fill in the white space, I added some texture paste trees using a stencil and spattered some black ink over the top. 

The ephemera pack in the kit has some great wooden elements in it.  I added a tag near the photo and a small flag near the title. 


The woodgrain elements match the burlap and the outdoor feel of this page. They also allowed me to add some more contrast to the page without adding any color. 

Some of the elements in the ephemera pack refer to lumberjacks, which did not fit the fishing theme. The flag near the title had a lumberjack image on it, so I cut off the image and used just the phrase. 


Altering tags, frames, and badges is easy to do if you are willing to cut apart a design. I always try to work with what I have, so many of my ephemera bits are cut apart. 

The tab above the photo is also an altered image.  I wanted something black at the top of my journaling tag, so I cut apart one of the frames.  

To finish off the design, I added a few stickers from my stash and some black enamel dots.  I love how all the elements came together on this page.  Unfortunately, I was not able to create a process video for this one because my computer was needing to be repaired.  If you have questions about any of the elements I added, feel free to post a comment in the group. 

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #outdooradventures (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 


Comments

Popular Posts