{Our Hero} Using the "Fire Station 31" Page Kit

Good morning and welcome back to the {Not} Just For Boys Kit Club blog! Today, I'm sharing a layout I created using the firefighter themed kit called "Fire Station 31" Page Kit. My fiancĂ© is a career firefighter and I was thrilled when I saw this kit available for March! I don't have a lot of pictures of him in uniform but he was able to send me a couple photos when he was on shift earlier this month. 


This layout also uses the monthly challenge sketch. I love this sketch and I didn't change it dramatically when I created my layout. 

I started with a piece of 12x12 black cardstock, then layered the pattern paper on top. I used the "Hero #2 Cardstock Cut" as my title and I changed the color using black dye ink and an ink dauber. I added the word "our" above "hero" using the black alpha stickers included in the kit. 

I love the big stickers in this kit and I cut several of them to work better for my layout. The Maltese cross, helmet, and axe were all cut from the 12x12 sticker sheet. I adhered the cross and axe onto my layout, then popped up the helmet with dimensional adhesive before adhering it to my page. I adhered the flame charm, acrylic stars, and sequins to my layout using liquid glue. 

As a finishing touch, I added two subtitles and splattered gray shimmer ink in each of the embellishment clusters. 

Thank you so much for stopping by to see my layout! Make sure you tag {Not} Just For Boys Kit Club on Instagram with the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #firestation31 (or whatever kit you are working with and please post to our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community

We love seeing what you create! 

-Erin

Comments

Popular Posts