{Play} using the "Pinwheels and Playgrounds" Deluxe Theme Kit

 Hi Friends! This is Joy showing you my new layout using the "Pinwheels and Playgrounds" kit. I am really happy with how this turned out. 


I really wanted to use a lot of the papers to make this layout super colorful. This picture I took of my son was taken while he was running full-speed toward the campfire for roasting hot dogs. I wanted to capture the feeling of motion since he was running. He was so excited to make dinner over a campfire. I first thought of triangles just because I like them, but when I tipped them on their sides, they look like arrows pointing different directions. It feels like movement to me and it showcases the great patterned paper in this kit.


The title came next. What better than Play? I stamped the title using some acrylic stamps I own and I chose to color them in with colored pencils and framed it with one of the awesome mirrored frames. I backed one of the pinwheel die cuts to finish it off.


 I pulled a couple of paper flowers from my stash and topped them with the stitched buttons and added a couple of die cut feathers from the ephemera pack. Those buttons just make me happy!


I pulled this awesome piece out of the ephemera pack and had to include it on this layout. When I look at my son's face in this photo, never grow up is the exact sentiment that runs through my mind. The years spent with our children are short. Sometimes I wish he never did have to grow up! I slipped one of the cool arrow shaped paper clips onto my photo, added some Nuvo drops around the page and it was complete. 

Please share your layouts with us on Instagram with the tag #notjustforboyskitclub or in our Facebook group. You can also find me on Instagram at joybells_scraps. 

Thanks for joining me today! I hope to see your creations using this great kit soon.

Comments

  1. Awesome layout! I love the idea of the triangle creating motion...great kit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts