{Home Run} Using "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" Deluxe Theme Kit

Hello!!! Jennifer here, sharing my third and final layout for April using "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" Deluxe Theme Kit. This is an 8 1/2 x 11 landscape layout design.


This is my nephew playing his first season of baseball. He loved sliding, except he is the boy that doesn't like to get dirty, so he would always slide with such grace. He was excited to make a home run and slide in to home.


I started with the baseball paper as my background. I chose this 5x7 photo. Then decided it needed some mixed media in the background. Not a lot, just enough. I stenciled stars, splatters and added gems.  


I backed the photo with the blue and white striped paper and chose Project Life cards to layer behind it. This kit has a lot of words in it. So I embraced that as much as possible. One way I do that is to use different size words together.


The final touch, my title.  I wanted to make it pop, but not take away from the photo. I used Project Life cards including cutting the helmet off another card and adding it to the top of the card. I used chipboard pieces to complete the title with the Thicker letters included in the kit.


Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and post layouts daily. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram @notjustforboyskitclub and on our FaceBook group.

Comments

Popular Posts