{Respect the Specs} using February's "Grunge" Premium Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with my first layout using February's Grunge kit.  I wanted to take advantage of how masculine this kit is and scrap some men.  First up, one of my favorite Georgia Bulldogs player, Rodrigo Blankenship.  He was the kicker for the team and he's amazing!  He was incredibly consistent and my husband and I never thought the kicker would be our favorite player.  He's going pro now and we will miss watching him.  I wanted to make a page about him since he just won a big award, never won by a Bulldog before, and wanted him to be a part of my Georgia Bulldogs album.


I wanted to use the large star paper for this one, which pairs perfectly with the Star die cut frame.  I used some red cardstock and scrap papers from my stash to highlight the red of the uniform.  


Let's gripe a minute about the fact that Thickers packages don't have enough vowels!  This title would have used all of the "E" from the pack if I had spelled out everything in the Thickers.  So I went into my stash for some tiny letter stickers and paired them with a Georgia G to save a Thicker.  We need more vowels!!!


One thing that threw me off about the die cut pack is that "Favourite" is spelled in the European way.  So that will be interesting in my books, since I'm American.  But I wasn't going to let me stop me from using that die cut.  


This Star die cut is so perfect and I used it to frame out one of the photos.  The stars were the perfect touch to finish it off.

Thanks so much for joining me today!  If you'd like to see my process for creating this layout, you check out my YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRt565vgJU

Happy Scrapping!



Comments

Popular Posts