{Vacation Tradition} Layout with the "Debut" Premium Kit



Hello, I always have such a busy holiday season, that by the time Christmas is over, I cannot wait to jump back into scrapbooking!  This year is no exception.  Today I'm going to share a layout I made with the "Deluxe" Premium Kit and a picture from our summer vacation to San Diego.  I'm also going to share how I incorporate more photos into my scrapbooks without getting overwhelmed.  This is what the 2-page spread in my album looks like.  


When I want to add a lot of pictures from an event, but want to keep the layout looking clean and not crowded, I pick one or two of my favorite photos and decide that those are the photos that I will scrapbook, in the traditional sense.  With the remaining photos I create an 11x11 collage.  I simply mat that collage on a piece of cardstock that coordinates with the layout on the opposite page.  For this layout in particular, I wanted to pull in a little of the bright blue from my son's sweatshirt.  This kit didn't have any bright blue in it, so I just grabbed a piece of bright blue cardstock from my stash.  I used a little of that same blue cardstock on the opposite page, with the NJFB "Deluxe" Premium Kit.


I decided I wanted the base of my layout to be that cool wood patterned paper, it just seemed to match the architecture in the photo of the coffee shop.  I was so excited to use the "adventure" stencil that came in the kit, so I used it on the wood paper with some white modeling paste.


Next, I matted the photo with a little of that bright blue cardstock that I pulled into the kit.  I layered up some ephemera, the wood grain mini bag, some machine stitching, a charm, and some wood arrows.  These embellishments add a variety of color and texture to the layout.  I added a little stitching on the woodgrain bag, so when the ephemera I grabbed from the coffee shop sits in the bag, it can be seen hanging out of the top of the bag.


Finally, it was time to add my title.  The Thickers that came in the kit were a goegeous emerald green color, but again, I wanted a little bright blue in this layout, so I simply altered them by coloring right over the emerald green with a bright blue alcohol marker.  I would recommend testing this on a letter you plan on not using, just to make sure the color looks good.


And that about wraps up my layout for today.  Thanks for stopping by today!  We would love to see what you've been creating with your "Jurassic Beasts" kit.  You can post to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NotJustForBoysKitClub/ or on Instagram, be sure to tag #notjustforboyskitclub.





Comments

Popular Posts